- 1882-1896 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
7 works of art, undated.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
This material has been appraised in line with Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections standard procedures.
System of arrangement
The arrangement of the material reflects the order in which it was deposited.
Name of creator
Andrew Allan was a student at Glasgow School of Art from 1882-1896. As a painter working in watercolour and silverpoint drawing landscapes, still life and figures he worked as an artist and his drawings featured on postcards, many of which depicted Scottish buildings and monuments. He was influenced by the style of the French fin-de-Siecle. Exhibited RSA once in 1895 from a Glasgow address and thereafter from 1897 whilst living at Ardrossan, contributing a total of 34 works there during his lifetime.
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
No known copies.
Collection Historical Note
Andrew Allan was a student of the Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland, from 1882-1896 and went on to become an acknowledged lithographic artist.
Place access points
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 6 September 2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 23 August 2006
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, April 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.
Finding Aid Authors: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections.
© Copyright 2014 GSA Archives. All rights reserved.