The Glasgow School of Art Club

Key Information

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

The Glasgow School of Art Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

c1885-1914

History

The Glasgow School of Art Club was formed under Fra. Newbery in 1885/1886 to enable former students access to GSA and allow for informal meetings between staff, former and present students. The Club's activities included exhibitions, "at homes", theatrical productions and the Vacation Prize Scheme, which was developed to encourage sketching and painting in the open during the summer months. The Clubhouse was in Blythswood Square.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Processing information

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard