Item NMC/0515A - Decorative ironwork

Key Information

Reference code

NMC/0515A

Title

Decorative ironwork

Date(s)

  • 1913 (Creation)

Level of description

Item

Extent

1 of 16

Content and Structure

Scope and content

Sample of decorative ironwork - column with thistles.

This panel suffered significant damage in the fire in The Mackintosh Building at The Glasgow School of Art on 23rd May 2014. It was salvaged and has undergone conservation during 2019.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

General Information

Name of creator

(1759-1982)

Biographical history

The Carron Company was an ironworks established in 1759 on the banks of the River Carron near Falkirk, in Stirlingshire, Scotland. The company was one of the largest iron works in Europe through the 19th century. After 223 years, the company became insolvent in 1982 and was later acquired by the Franke Corporation, being rebranded Carron Phoenix.

Archival history

Custodial history

Carron Company, Falkirk, 6/3/1913.

Physical Description and Conditions of Use

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical Description

cast iron panel

Dimensions: 584 x 184 mm

Finding aids

Related Material

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related materials

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Keywords/Tags

Place access points

People and Organisations

Genre access points

Administrative Information

Description identifier

GB 1694 NMC/0515A

Institution identifier

GB 1694

Rules and/or conventions used

ISAD(G): General International Standard Archival Description - Second edition

Status

Level of detail

Processing information

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organisations

Related genres

Related places