Showing 28 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

4 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Correspondence

Includes:

  • GSAA/EPH/9/1/3/1 Donor form filled in with details, 25 Jan 1916.
  • GSAA/EPH/9/1/3/2 Letter written on behalf of three donors asking for an evaulation of material, 25 Jan 1916.
  • GSAA/EPH/9/1/3/3 Letter from donor to School Secretary regarding the value of donated material to the exhibit, 05 Feb 1916.
  • GSAA/EPH/9/1/3/4 Group of postcards addressed to Fra Newbery and the Seecretary from donors, sent via Professor Robert Anning Bell, 16 Feb 1916.
  • GSAA/EPH/9/1/3/5 Draft letter from the Chairman of Governors (P. Dunn) to HRH Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll, c1915-1916.

Bell, Robert Anning

Memorial to Eugene Bourdon

Inscribed: Centre panels, top to bottom: 1. R F/Pro Patria. 3. To the honoured memory of Capitaine Eugene Bourdon, Professor of Architecture in this School, who fell in action on the Somme, July 1st 1916. 4. Amour sacre de la patrie conduis, souhens nos bras vengeurs, Liberte cherie, combats avec le defenseurs.

Bell, Robert Anning

Stained glass cartoon for St Mark's Church, Southport

The design depicts the Blessed Virgin Mary on the left side and a young boy (Hartley?) on the right. Design is for the lower section of a window in St Mark's, Southport; dedicated to the memory of Sir William Pickles Hartley of the Primitive Methodist Movement. Inscribed: 'What doth the Lord require of thee but to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God?'.

Bell, Robert Anning

Stained glass cartoon for the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby

Stained glass cartoon for a two light memorial window. Inscribed: 'Come Holy Ghost'. For the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby. This window was one of two, two light windows designed for Guthrie and Wells, the Glasgow firm of decorators who began stained glass production in 1884 and won a reputation for first class craftsmanship and always employing excellent designers (beginning in 1887 with Sir James Guthrie). Bell first designed glass for the firm in 1895 when he won the competition for new windows for the Royal Church at Crathie, and he continued to design for them for twenty-three years. In the 1920s he also designed for the City Glass Company, and examples of his work are still in the Glasgow area.

Bell, Robert Anning

Stained glass cartoon for the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby

Stained glass cartoon for a two light memorial window. Inscribed: Our Souls Inspire'. For the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby. This window was one of two, two light windows designed for Guthrie and Wells, the Glasgow firm of decorators who began stained glass production in 1884 and won a reputation for first class craftsmanship and always employing excellent designers (beginning in 1887 with Sir James Guthrie). Bell first designed glass for the firm in 1895 when he won the competition for new windows for the Royal Church at Crathie, and he continued to design for them for twenty-three years. In the 1920s he also designed for the City Glass Company, and examples of his work are still in the Glasgow area.

Bell, Robert Anning