Showing 1778 results

Archival description
Fine arts
Print preview View:

1127 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

One print from 'Abstract Language' (The Philadelphia Series)

One of eight screenprints in a folder inspired by artists and architects who spent their whole lives thinking about squares, rectangles and straight lines: C R Mackintosh, Malevich, Modrian, Lloyd Wright, Newman, Stella, Martin and Halley.
Print 'A' inspired by C R Mackintosh. The screenprints are boxed with an introductory page.

Kilgour, Scott

Catterline, Aberdeenshire

This item was lost in the fire in The Mackintosh Building at The Glasgow School of Art on 23rd May 2014. Study of Catterline shoreline, looking northwards over the bay and showing the pier, boat shed, and salmon bothie, with 'the Watchie' building above.

Eardley, Joan Kathleen Harding

Stained glass cartoon for the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby

Stained glass cartoon for a two light memorial window. Inscribed: Our Souls Inspire'. For the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby. This window was one of two, two light windows designed for Guthrie and Wells, the Glasgow firm of decorators who began stained glass production in 1884 and won a reputation for first class craftsmanship and always employing excellent designers (beginning in 1887 with Sir James Guthrie). Bell first designed glass for the firm in 1895 when he won the competition for new windows for the Royal Church at Crathie, and he continued to design for them for twenty-three years. In the 1920s he also designed for the City Glass Company, and examples of his work are still in the Glasgow area.

Bell, Robert Anning

Stained glass cartoon for the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby

Stained glass cartoon for a two light memorial window. Inscribed: 'Come Holy Ghost'. For the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby. This window was one of two, two light windows designed for Guthrie and Wells, the Glasgow firm of decorators who began stained glass production in 1884 and won a reputation for first class craftsmanship and always employing excellent designers (beginning in 1887 with Sir James Guthrie). Bell first designed glass for the firm in 1895 when he won the competition for new windows for the Royal Church at Crathie, and he continued to design for them for twenty-three years. In the 1920s he also designed for the City Glass Company, and examples of his work are still in the Glasgow area.

Bell, Robert Anning

Results 1 to 50 of 1778