- Records of the Academic Council, 1973-2000
- Audiovisual material, c1950s-2000s
- Records of the Board of Studies, 1932-1950
- Records of the Continuing Education Department, c1988-2000
- Records of the Assistant Director and Company Secretary, c1986-2008
- Records of the Deputy Director, c1946-1993
- Records of the School of Design, c1979-2001
- Records of the Development and External Relations Office, c1997-2004
- Records of the Director, 1846-
- Records of GSA Enterprises, c1991-2000
[b]Ephemera collection, 1890-[/b]
The School's collection of ephemera includes flyers, programmes and tickets for events at the School, such as plays, fashion shows, charities week events, exhibitions and performances.
- Records of the Estates Department, c1964-2007
- Records of the Exhibitions Officer, c1990-1994
- Records of the School of Fine Art, c1978-1999
- Records of the Finance Officer, 1870-2000
- Records of First Year Studies, c1988-2000
- Records of the Board of Governors, 1847-2007
Key records include:
- Annual reports, 1847-2000 - The School's annual reports provide information on governors, staff and prizewinning students, and sometimes but not always, a headmaster's or director's report and annual accounts.
- Building Committee papers, 1883-1949 - Minutes, correspondence, estimates, specifications and financial records relating to the erection of the Mackintosh Building, as well as the School's extension scheme.
- Records of House for an Art Lover
- Records of Liberal Studies/Historical and Critical Studies, c1992
- Records of Information Services, c1900-2004
- Records of the Mackintosh School of Architecture, c1957-2002
[b]Newspaper cuttings, 1864-[/b]
The School's press cuttings include articles relating to staff and students.
The School's photograph collection provides an excellent record of events at The Glasgow School of Art, its students and their work.
- Records of the Personnel Office, c1987-2006
- Records of the Planning Department, 1962-1964
- Records of the Registrar, c1881-2000
Key records include:
- Student records, 1881-1997 - The School's student registers can provide student's names, dates of birth, dates of admission, educational background, addresses, occupations, courses taken and marks and awards gained.
- The School's prospectuses provide information about staff and governors
- the organisation and administration of the School
- Summaries of the School's curriculum
- individual courses and tutors
- Scholarships and bursaries.
- Records of the School Council, 1969-1982
- Records of the Secretary and Treasurer, 1853-1996
- Records of the Senior Management Group
- Records of the School of Simulation and Visualisation
- Records of the Staff Council, 1909-1949
- Records of the Student Support Service