Details / Notes
95 Archival description results for Industrial design
95 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- DC 091/2/1/23
Designs created for Hugh Smith & Co., during a work placement in the summer of 1961. Printed copy of hand painted logo designs for Hugh Smith & Co., machine tools. Two designs feature lettering and an image in black white and grey. A sketch of an aircraft is also on the back of the piece.
Folders of papers about the teaching of Industrial Design and new Industrial Design Courses. Material includes: Undated obituary of Sir Ambrose Heal and newspaper articles, including Alister Maynard's 'Industrial Design: A New Profession' (Glasgow Herald, 1 April 1958); Sir Charles Tennyson's 'Better Design In Industry' (February 1959); Sir Gordon Russell's 'Art in Industry'; 'Outward From Glasgow: Is Overspill Plan Workable?' (letter to The Times, 28 January 1959); and 'Overspill Plan For Glasgow'; correspondence of August 1959-August 1960 between Bliss and Joseph F. Walker (Committee for Technical Education) relating to GSA's Industrial Design Course, including details of course and course pamphlets; correspondence of February 1962 between J. F. Walker and The West of Scotland Committee for Technical Education, copied to Bliss; and correspondence of c1953-1957 relating to details of Industrial Design Engineering course. Folders as follows: DIR/12/2/11/1: Industrial Design, New Courses, 1953-1958 DIR/12/2/11/2: Industrial Design Course, 1959-1960 DIR/12/2/11/3: Industrial Design, 1959-1962 DIR/12/2/11/4: Industrial Design, Engineering Courses, 1961
Not available / given
- DC 091/3/1/2
Developed from drawings by engineers: Initial drawing /visualisation of an ultrasonic medical diagnostic machine proposed by Kelvin Hughes. 1/6 Scale.
This collection comprises recorded interviews with the following former Glasgow School of Art staff and students:
- OH/1 Ellen Cunningham (née Timney), Embroidery and Weaving student, 1960-1964
- OH/2 Margaret Ferguson (née Dunn), Embroidery and Weaving student, 1946-1950
- OH/3 Meg Pollok (née Clark), Embroidery and Weaving student, 1946-1951
- OH/4 Margaret Grant (née Taylor), Interior Design student, 1946-1950 and member of staff, c1953-1979
- OH/5 Malcolm Lochhead, Embroidery and Weaving student, 1966-1970
- OH/6 Dugald Cameron, Industrial Design student, 1947-1962, member of staff, 1962-1999, and Director 1991-1999
- OH/7 Conrad McKenna, Commercial Art student, 1939-1942 and 1946-1948, and member of staff,1950-1984
- OH/8 Eirene Hunter (née Paton), Printed Textiles student c1952-53.
Please note that this material is not yet fully catalogued and therefore some items may not be accessible to researchers.