- 1881-1886 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
- correspondence sent by Thomas Simmonds, July - December 1885
- correspondence received by Thomas Simmonds July - December 1885
- correspondence from Glasgow School of Art to the Derby School of Art, September - October 1885
- correspondence from the Derby School of Art to Glasgow School of Art, October 1885
- Mr. Simmonds' cash book, 1881-1885.
All the correspondence listed here occurred after Simmonds left the Glasgow School of Art. The major correspondent is the School Secretary, Edward Catterns, and all the letters from him to Simmonds are the draft or copy letters kept by the school office. Other correspondence includes the letters between Catterns and the Derby School of Art regarding the situation with Simmonds.