Stained glass cartoon for a two light memorial window. Inscribed: 'Come Holy Ghost'. For the church of St Clement and St James, Horsley, near Derby. This window was one of two, two light windows designed for Guthrie and Wells, the Glasgow firm of decorators who began stained glass production in 1884 and won a reputation for first class craftsmanship and always employing excellent designers (beginning in 1887 with Sir James Guthrie). Bell first designed glass for the firm in 1895 when he won the competition for new windows for the Royal Church at Crathie, and he continued to design for them for twenty-three years. In the 1920s he also designed for the City Glass Company, and examples of his work are still in the Glasgow area.
Bell, Robert Anning