- c1956-1981 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This material mainly relates to Ted Odling's time teaching at The Glasgow School of Art from the 1950s to the early 1980s. It contains the following items:
- Copy of a staff photograph, 1950
- CD ROM titled 'family scene part 2', 1956-68
- 9 x letters from Ted Odling to Harry Barnes, sent whilst on a Leverhulme travel award, 1965
- 4 x folders of lecture notes / preparatory material covering perception, anatomy and perspective amongst other subjects, 1970s-80s
- A letter from Ted Odling to Mr Garbett of Ulster Polytechnic regarding Ted Odling's external assessors report, July 1981
- Loose notes on stereo television
- 1 x notebook
- 38 x colour wheels
- 3 x colour swatches (red, blue and green)
Please note that this material is not yet fully catalogued and therefore some items may not be accessible to researchers.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Some of the lecture notes contain sensitive material and these items will not be made accessible to researchers.
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Initial description created by Susannah Waters, Archives and Collections Manager, August 2016.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.