- 1978-2015 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
The material has been arranged into four subfonds (GSA, RCA, The Cloth, and other projects) to represent Taylor's time as a student as well as his professional work. Each subfonds has then been subdivided into the following series:
- GSA - printed textiles, student papers, images (photographs and slides), ephemera
- RCA - printed textiles, images (photographs and slides), ephemera
- The Cloth - fabric lengths, garments, ephemera, images,(photographs, slides and digital images), record sleeves
- Other work - ephemera, images
Some of this material was damaged in the fire in GSA's Mackintosh Building on 23rd May 2014. Affected paper material has since undergone conservation. Textile conservation will be undertaken in 2019.
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Listed by Susannah Waters, May 2014, Dec 2014 and Jan 2015.
- Fonds and subfonds level descriptions created by Carrie Skinner, Nov 2015 and April 2016 (work funded by the Textile Society Audrey Archive Award).
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.