- c1940-1994 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
A collection of work by Dorothy C Smith including Glasgow School of Art student material and teacher training college material.
Includes: GSA student notebooks
- teacher training notebooks from her time at Jordanhill teacher training college
- architectural drawings
- figure drawings
- printed designs
- paper-cut work
- leaf prints
- designs for repeat prints
- embroidery designs
- shadow work designs
- designs for embroidered textiles
- embroidery samplers
- embroidery samples
- a wooden stool with embroidered top
- a poster
- material relating to the proposed publication "Designing for Embroidery"
- material relating to the "Unbroken Thread" exhibition
- publications related to the Needlework Development Scheme
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Collection listed by GSA Archives and Collections Volunteer. Imported from Excel spreadsheet and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archives and Collections Assistant, 7th December 2012. Archives Hub description updated by Michelle Kaye, Archives and Collections Assistant, 16th January 2013.
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, April 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.