How to download this image:
Click/tap the above image to see a larger version. When this appears in your browser, you can download it with a
right-click on a PC or MAC, or
long-tap on a touch-screen device, then select
This image is provided under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA License. You can download this version for private study or non-commercial use. Our terms, conditions and copyright policy (PDF) contains further information about acceptable usage. If you are seeking permission to publish, please contact us ›
- c1953-1990 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
Cotton placemats designed by Sylvia Chalmers.
- DC 068/7/3/1: one blue placemat with scalloped edges featuring Noah's arc
- DC 068/7/3/2: one green placemat with white fringed edges featuring a geometric design and labelled "Tuar Fabrics. These dyes should be washed with a normal type of soap powder without strong bleaching qualities. Avoid heavy rubbing and iron on the wrong side. Ideal for washing machine."
- DC 068/7/3/3: one brown placemat with white fringed edges featuring a geometric design and labelled "Arabesque; a two coloured placemat in chocolate and biscuit by Sylvia Chalmers"
- DC 068/7/3/4: one green and white "Braemar 1628" placemat with white fringed edges
- DC 068/7/3/5: one red "Invercauld 15th Cent" placemat with a white fringed edges
- DC 068/7/3/6: one brown placemat featuring a green thistle motif
- DC 068/7/3/7: printed placemat with repeating geometric floral pattern in blue and white
- DC 068/7/3/8: printed placemat with 3 bands of repeating geometric floral pattern in light blue and white
- DC 068/7/3/9: printed placemat in orange and white with border of various birds
- DC 068/7/3/10: printed placemat in yellow, grey, and white with border geometric floral pattern