- 1987-1994 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Collection Historical Note
Material, including abstracts and papers, relating to various North Sun Conferences, an event examining environmentally sustainable methods and technologies in architecture. North Sun 1994 was held at Glasgow School of Art, and organised by Porteous - material relating to this conference in particular forms the vast majority of this collection.
The material reflects not only the aims of the North Sun Conferences, seen in the comprehensive range of abstracts and papers, but also the minutiae of conference organisation.
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Catalogued by Mark Tripney Archives Assistant, c.2009-2010
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, April 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.