- c1888-1950s (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This collection consists of educational certificates, weavers note books, an index to sample books, Old Glamis Fabrics stitch books and sample books of Jacquard textiles. These were generated for Donald Brothers Ltd by N & N Lockhart & Sons, flax, hemp and tow spinners, net and twine manufacturers of Kirkcaldy, Scotland, under a friendship agreement.
There are 68 sample books of Jacquard textiles. There are also 5 notebooks giving the patent and colour numbers for each design. There is a final notebook that gives a list of the patent numbers for the designs of the fabrics.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
People and Organisations
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 12 November 2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 2 July 2002
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 25 August 2006
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.