- 1943-2006 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This collection contains:
- Notebooks, a sketchbook, scrapbooks, and student work from John Walter Lindsay's time at The Glasgow School of Art, 1943-1950
- Recollections of staff & students and his time at The Glasgow School of Art, 1990s
- Scrapbook giving an account of his travels following the award of the Haldane Travel Scholarship, 1950
- Miscellaneous magazine cuttings concerning architecture, c1950s-1990s
- Folder arranged by Lindsay containing material relating to Charles Rennie Mackintosh, 1968-1999
- Folder arranged by Lindsay containing correspondence, 1968-2006
- Photographs of Keppie Henderson Architects building models, c1950s-1990s
- Folder arranged by Lindsay containing material relating to his architectural career, c1940s-1990s
This material may contain sensitive information about individuals that is protected by the Data Protection Act. Until this material has been checked for sensitive information, it will not be available for researchers. Once this Data Protection work is complete the collection will be open for access, however any sensitive information will be closed and inaccessible for 75 years from the date of creation.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 18 October 2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002.
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 24 August 2006.
- Updated by Kimberly Sommerville, student placement, 5 November 2008
- Updated by Stacey Kerfoot, Archive Volunteer, 22 June 2010
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.