- 1993-2000 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
The archive of The Glasgow 1999 Festival Co Ltd contains many of the publications, correspondence, press releases, press cuttings and the working papers that were produced by the company in the run-up to and during the year-long celebration. Papers relating to the evaluation of the project are also included. Items not directly related to the working office of the festival company have also been kept, for instance, examples of the merchandise and associated publicity. A record was also made of many of the events and publicity surrounding the year; video and audio recordings of the lectures and photographs of successful projects and schemes.
This material may contain sensitive information about individuals that is protected by the Data Protection Act. Until this material has been checked for sensitive information, it will not be available for researchers. Once this Data Protection work is complete the collection will be open for access, however any sensitive information will be closed and inaccessible for 75 years from the date of creation.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Wherever possible the archive is arranged to mirror the structure of the Glasgow 1999 Festival Co Ltd. The papers of the Deyan Sudjic, director, and Eleanor McAllister, deputy director, of the Glasgow 1999 Festival Company, and papers relating to the existence of the company as a whole, for example the board minutes and bid documents, are all listed in the first series Establishment Information.
The archive is arranged as follows:
DC 28/1: Establishment information
DC 28/2: Capital Projects and Sponsorship
DC 28/3: Communications
DC 28/4: Education
DC 28/5: Exhibitions
DC 28/6: The Glasgow Collection
DC 28/7: Initiatives
DC 28/8: Marketing
Name of creator
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
People and Organisations
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 11 October 2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002.
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 24 August 2006.
- Catalogue updated by Kim Sommerville, Archives Assistant 2010 and transferred to CALM by Susannah Waters, GSA Archivist 2011.
- 23 vhs and 2 chs still to be catalogued (24 May 2011)
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.