- c1900-1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
- Trimming of mauve linen, pre-1914
- Original cover of Charles Rennie Mackintosh Willow Tea Rooms settle
- 4 samples of horse hair fabric
- ample of purple fabric used to re-upholster Charles Rennie Mackintosh yellow settle
- Letter from GSA Curator regarding 2 of the fabric samples, dated January 1986
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
This material has been appraised in line with Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections standard procedures.
System of arrangement
The material is arranged in the order in which it was deposited.
The custodial history of this item is uncertain, but it is possible that both design and fabric were purchased from Brown & Beveridge, Bath Street, Glasgow.
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
There are no physical characteristics that affect the use of this material.
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
No known copies.
Collection Historical Note
This collection includes a number of Mackintosh related samples acquired from separate sources.
Place access points
People and Organisations
- Mackintosh, Charles Rennie (Subject)
Genre access points
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 18 September 2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 25 August 2006
- Updated by Susannah Waters, Archivist, 25 August 2006
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, April 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.
Finding Aid Authors: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections.
© Copyright 2014 GSA Archives. All rights reserved.