- 1931-1956 (Creation)
Level of description
1 Linear Foot
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This collection contains:
- ketchbook - pencil drawings: landscape and portrait [15 folios], 1931-1932
- ketchbook - pencil drawings: landscape and portrait [15 folios], 1933
- ketchbook - pencil drawings: landscape and portrait [8 folios], 1936-1937
- ketchbook - pencil drawings: landscape and portrait, sketches of costume [38 folios], 1938
- ketchbook - generally portraits [46 folios], 1940-1965
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
This material has been appraised in line with Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections standard procedures.
System of arrangement
The sketchbooks are arranged chronologically.
Name of creator
Jean H Irwin was born on 25 April 1905. She studied painting and drawing as a day student at Glasgow School of Art from 1923-1928. She was awarded her Diploma in 1927 and the following year studied metalwork in the afternoon and evening classes at GSA.
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
There are no physical characteristics that affect the use of this material.
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
No known copies.
Place access points
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 6 September 2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002.
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 24 August 2006.
- Item level descriptions imported from Word document by Kimberly Sommerville, Archives Assistant, 8 February 2010.
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011.
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.
Finding Aid Authors: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections.
© Copyright 2014 GSA Archives. All rights reserved.