- 1925-1970 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Collection Historical Note
The collection is incomplete. Other plays known of (via the School's Annual Reports and Prospectuses) are:
- 1971/72 - "Johnny Jouk the Gibbet" (Daily Mail photo)
- 1972/73 - "The Devils" play by John Whiting based on "The Devils of Loudon" by Aldous Huxley. Presented at Haldane Building Theatre 14 - 7 March 1972. Produced by Stephen Mulrine. Costumes by Margaret Grant & assistant. Stage set by Sue Dunlop.
- 1973/74 - "A Macbeth" - A collage version of Shakespeare's tragedy by Charles Marowitz, presented at GSA Haldane Theatre 21 -24 Mar 1973. Produced by Stephen Mulrine, set by Jim Johnston, Costumes Designed by Margaret Grant. Make-up designed by Romilly Squire.
- 1974 /75 - No mention of Drama Society
- 1975/76 - There is mention of Drama Society but then no further mention until 1989/90 when it is again mentioned in the prospectus.
- 1994/95 - No mention of Drama Society.
Place access points
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 6 September 2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002.
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 24 August 2006.
- Item level descriptions imported from Word document by Kimberly Sommerville, Archives Assistant, 8 February 2010.
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.