- 1909-1910 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
Photographs of George Paterson and other students of the painting & decorating class.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
This material has been appraised in line with Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections standard procedures.
System of arrangement
The arrangement reflects that in which it was deposited.
Name of creator
George Paterson was born on the 6th of September 1888, one of 9 children of Mary Paterson and John Paterson, a house painter. He attended The Glasgow School of Art from 1906 to 1912, first as a part-time student in architecture from 1905 to 1908, then spending one year in design and decorative arts, and finishing as a full-time student in drawing and painting from 1910 to 1012. He studied as a painter and decorator under Greiffenhagen and others. During World War One, he served in the Highland Light Infantry. George Paterson is commemorated on The Glasgow School of Art’s World War One Roll of Honour. If you have any more information, please get in touch.
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
There are no physical characteristics that affect the use of this material.
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
No known copies.
Place access points
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 6 September 2001.
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002.
- Fonds level description imported from Archives Hub 24 August 2006.
- Item level descriptions imported from Word document by Kimberly Sommerville, Archives Assistant, 9 December 2009.
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, May 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.
Finding Aid Authors: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections.
© Copyright 2014 GSA Archives. All rights reserved.