- 1881-1993 (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This personal collection, incorporating the Collections of National Society for Education in Art and Design Scottish Region, was deposited by Stuart W MacDonald, Senior Advisor for Strathclyde Region Educational Development Service, in February 1995.
It comprises material from various educational committees and forums with which he was associated, together with the Consultative Committee on the Curriculum item bank, an art projects resource bank for schools. The collection also includes a small number of books from Arthur MacMorland, a leading exponent of Children's Art in Scotland, and former student of Glasgow School of Art.
- The material is arranged into 6 sub-fonds:
- GSA DC 08/1: 5-14 Expressive Arts (Review and Development Group 4)
- GSA DC 08/2: Consultative Committee on the Curriculum
- GSA DC 08/3: Media Education in Picture and Sound
- GSA DC 08/4: National Society for Education in Art and Design (NSEAD) Scottish Region
- GSA DC 08/5: Strathclyde Department of Education, Dumbarton Division: Study Packs
- GSA DC 08/6: Arthur MacMorland's Library
Materials include teachers notes, study packs, examples of the kind of work produced in the schemes and teaching aids.
Please note that this material is not yet fully catalogued and therefore some items may not be accessible to researchers.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Name of creator
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.com/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
People and Organisations
Genre access points
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
- Fonds level description compiled by Adele Ashley-Smith, Archivist, 2000-2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 6 September 2001
- Updated by David Powell, Hub Project Archivist, 14 May 2002
- Fonds level description imported from the Archives Hub 24 August 2006
- Updated by Katharina Kiebacher, Assistant Archivist, March 2009
- Archives Hub description updated by Carrie Skinner, Logjam Project Officer, September 2011
- Catalogue imported into Archon software and edited by Michelle Kaye, Archon Project Officer, Nov 2014.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.