Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Ethel Dawes, born 17/04/1889, attended day classes in Drawing and Painting at The Glasgow School of Art during the 1918-19 session. Her address is listed as Burleigh Place, Dumbarton. Her occupation is noted as "Assistant Mistress".
It should also be noted that Dawes is listed as having an initial which is not easy to read, but appears to be 'N'. In the 1919-20 session the school was attended by a pupil named 'E Norah Dawes' with the birthdate 17/04/1888, and occupation 'School Mistress (Asst.)' (Reg No: 750). This E. N. Dawes resided in Windermere. This may be coincidence but it has been noted in this biography so that the reader may consider the possibility that both parties are in fact the same person, and have been noted as having different birthdays due to administrative error.
Summary of similarities and differences:
- Ancestry search returns found no listing for Ethel Dawes born in 1889, but yielded results for an 'Ethel Nora Dawes' born 17/04/1888
- The two attendees share the same initials and surnames
- The two attendees share the day and month of birth and are separated by only one year
- The two attendees have the same occupations
- The two attendees are listed as living at different addresses
If you have any more information, please get in touch.
Sources: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections: General and Alphabetical Registers, Ancestry.co.uk