This personal collection, incorporating the Collections of National Society for Education in Art and Design Scottish Region, was deposited by Stuart W MacDonald, Senior Advisor for Strathclyde Region Educational Development Service, in February 1995.
It comprises material from various educational committees and forums with which he was associated, together with the Consultative Committee on the Curriculum item bank, an art projects resource bank for schools. The collection also includes a small number of books from Arthur MacMorland, a leading exponent of Children's Art in Scotland, and former student of Glasgow School of Art.
- The material is arranged into 6 sub-fonds:
- GSA DC 08/1: 5-14 Expressive Arts (Review and Development Group 4)
- GSA DC 08/2: Consultative Committee on the Curriculum
- GSA DC 08/3: Media Education in Picture and Sound
- GSA DC 08/4: National Society for Education in Art and Design (NSEAD) Scottish Region
- GSA DC 08/5: Strathclyde Department of Education, Dumbarton Division: Study Packs
- GSA DC 08/6: Arthur MacMorland's Library
Materials include teachers notes, study packs, examples of the kind of work produced in the schemes and teaching aids.
Please note that this material is not yet fully catalogued and therefore some items may not be accessible to researchers.