How to download this image:
Click/tap the above image to see a larger version. When this appears in your browser, you can download it with a
right-click on a PC or MAC, or
long-tap on a touch-screen device, then select
This image is provided under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA License. You can download this version for private study or non-commercial use. For further information about acceptable usage, please review the 'Copyright and Terms & Conditions' document in the Policies & Guides area. If you are seeking permission to publish, please contact us ›
- c1908-1980s (Creation)
Level of description
Content and Structure
Scope and content
This collection relates to Jane Richards and her granddaughter Fiona Jean Paton who both studied at The Glasgow School of Art.
- An artist’s palette owned by Jane Richards, c1910
- a small box of watercolour paints owned by Jane Richards, early 20th century
- a portrait drawn by Jane Richards, c1908-1910
- a photograph of Jane Richards, c1914-1918
- a photograph of Jane Richards' husband in uniform, c1914-18
- two watercolour landscapes by Jane Richards, 1907 and 1911
- even prints produced by The Dux Engraving Co Ltd, early 20th century
- two portraits drawn by Robert Eadie, c1909
- three sketchbooks for product design furniture by Fiona Jean Paton, early 1980s
- eight photographs and eleven slides relating to product design furniture, early 1980s.
Please note that this material is not yet fully catalogued and therefore some items may not be accessible to researchers.
One item was damaged in the fire in GSA's Mackintosh Building on 23rd May 2014 and was conserved in 2018-19.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Name of creator
Jane Richards studied at The Glasgow School of Art between c1908-1910.
Name of creator
Name of creator
Fiona Jean Paton studied Furniture, Interiors and Product at The Glasgow School of Art between 1979-1983. She was awarded the Cassina Prize in 1983 and worked on The Glasgow School of Art's Cassina exhibition in 1985.
Donated in July 2016: accession reference number ACC 174.
Physical Description and Conditions of Use
Conditions governing access
Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections are open for research by appointment. For further details, please refer to our Access Policy @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Conditions governing reproduction
Application for permission to reproduce should be submitted to The Archives and Collections at The Glasgow School of Art.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of material.
For further details, please refer to our Reprographic Service Guide @ https://gsaarchives.net/policies
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Place access points
People and Organisations
- The Glasgow School of Art (Subject)
Genre access points
Level of detail
- Initial description created by Susannah Waters, Archives and Collections Manager, July 2016.
- Catalogue exported from Archon and imported into AtoM during system migration, 2018-2019.
Finding Aid Authors: The Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections.
© Copyright 2016 GSA Archives. All rights reserved.
Digitised item metadata